Picking the right facial can often feel like a daunting task due to the sheer number of treatments on the market.
To find your perfect facial, firstly consider the results you want to achieve. All facials should make your skin feel clean, fresh and soft, but they can also target specific skin concerns, such as acne, pigmentation, rosacea, dehydration or fine lines.
Most facials fall into five categories:
1) Hydration – this type of facial is ideal if your skin is dry. It will typically include nourishing treatments, such as a moisturising mask, as well as rich creams and serums.
2) Brightening – if you want to rebalance your skin tone, a brightening facial could be the right choice for you, especially if your skin is prone to redness and irritation. One of the key ingredients used in brightening facials is a very good quality of stabilised Vitamin C.
3) Detoxing – this type of facial is likely to feature exfoliation and purifying oils, and maybe a gentle peel. If your skin feels congested, rough in texture & dull then a detoxifying facial will help restore its natural glow & soften the hardened keratinised cells.
4) Anti-blemish – treatments such as deep-cleansing masks and careful extractions will help to improve your skin if it is irritated and prone to breakouts. Again use of mild peeling agents & a selection of home-use products should help reduce the blemishes & balance your skin.
5) Anti-ageing – a facial that focuses on anti-ageing is the best choice if you want to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It will help your skin look firmer, typically through exfoliation, collagen-based products and targeted massage. Some devices used will enhance the results of stimulating collagen production & maximise absorption of the products used.
When you have decided on the type of facial that suits your needs and the results you want, take the time to do some research on beauty clinics. This could mean asking friends for recommendations or Googling the Specialist salons/clinic in your local area.
It is worth talking to a therapist at your chosen salon before booking an appointment, as they will be able to recommend the treatment that is most likely to give you the desired results. Remember to also mention any allergies you might have and if you are already using any specific skin treatments – this is especially important if you are using acne medication.
Here at Jeunesse Beauty, we work with each and every client to help them find the right facial that perfectly suits their skincare needs. The brands we use include Caci, Environ, Guinot, HydraFacial, SkinCeuticals, Medik8, Circadia, Image, Dermaceutics & Dermalogica, and all of our facials are carried out by our brilliant team of expert staff. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 020 8428 1138 or find us over on Facebook and Twitter.