Facial fillers also known as dermal fillers are a naturally-occuring hyaluronic acid gel that is injected into the face to smooth wrinkles & folds (especially around the nose & mouth). They are also used to plump out scars or ‘dents’ & to define/enhance lips, reshape the nose & define/plump out cheeks.
Common targeted areas include:
- Nose to mouth lines (the naso-labial folds)
- Between the eyebrows (the glabella lines)
- Fine vertical lines above the lips commonly referred to as smoker’s lines
- Downturned corners of the mouth (oral commissures)
- Chin Puckering (dimply chin)
- Other areas can be treated. Please discuss with the medical practitioner at the time of consultation
- Small quantities of product are used to provide instant volume & smoothness where you would like it most, ensuring the results are subtle & flattering. The products used are entirely natural, & already present in the skin, meaning there is less chance of adverse reaction.
Facial Fillers (Enhancement)
Derma fillers are used to treat forehead lines that are a little deeper. These are soft gels that are injected into or under the skin.
They basically work by pushing the line outwards and so help to 'plump up' the area where they are injected, making the skin look more even.